Auxin Stewardship: A Few Opportunities Left for Training
Please see update from Dr. Charlie Cahoon below regarding remaining Auxin Training opportunities in North Carolina.
If you were unable to attend one of the 33 previous Auxin Stewardship trainings delivered around the state, there are a few more training opportunities left. This training, presented by NC State University Weed Specialists and organized in cooperation with N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, will fulfill the training requirement mandated by federal and 24(c) labels of dicamba containing products registered for over-the-top use on dicamba-tolerant cotton and soybean. The training will also meet 24(c) label requirements for 2,4-D choline containing products for over-the-top use on 2,4-D-tolerant cotton in North Carolina.
Remaining 2019 Auxin Stewardship Training Opportunities:
• Monday, March 18, 11 a.m. – NC State Fairgrounds, Martin Bldg., 1025 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh, NC
• Thursday, March 21, 2 p.m. – Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market, 210 Southpark Dr., Henderson, NC (Pre-registration is required)
• Tuesday, March 26, 4:45 p.m. – Harnett Co. Agriculture Bldg, 126 Alexander Dr., Suite 300, Lillington, NC
• Wednesday, April 10, 11 a.m. – NC State Fairgrounds, Martin Building, 1025 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh, NC
• *Wednesday, April 10, Noon – Wake NC State Fairgrounds, Martin Building, 1025 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh, NC (*Training Delivered in Spanish)
• Tuesday, May 7, 11 a.m. – NC State Fairgrounds, Martin Building, 1025 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh, NC
The series of trainings offered at the NC Fairgrounds during March, April, and May serve to catch any folks who were unable to attend an earlier training in their area. In addition, on April 10 at noon in Raleigh (NC Fairgrounds), growers/applicators will have the opportunity to receive the training in Spanish from Dr. Ramon Leon.
To see a more complete schedule, consult the official training schedule from N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services below.